Marketing Support / Merchandiser
The Merchandiser is responsible for the organization and marketing of VinMarket products within assigned key retail accounts. This position reports to the Director of Sales, who has primary responsibility for directing the Merchandiser’s daily work schedule and locations. The Merchandiser supports and interacts with the sales team daily. The Merchandiser is an entry-level position with potential for advancement into a Sales Representative role.
This is a full-time hourly position (with performance-based incentives) and is considered non-exempt for the purposes of federal wage law. Therefore, the position is eligible for overtime pay at time and a half for hours worked in excess of 40 hours. We do not expect this position to exceed 40 hours a week, with possible exception of busy holiday periods.
- Ensure that all product is rotated, faced, clean and dusted, and organized in the proper locations on the floor, shelf, cold box and back stock in accordance with company and customer standards.
- Produce, print, assemble and disperse company approved point-of-sale materials to assigned accounts, with activities including but not limited to:
- Hang shelf-talkers; set up displays; install case cards; create price tags; print and affix bar code labels as needed; perform any other necessary secondary selling activities.
- Survey and report inventory levels to the Sales Representatives responsible for the account; survey and verify retail prices as being consistent with account margin requirements.
- Perform hot shots and will calls as needed
- Step in as relief Sales Representative as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Core Competencies & Abilities:
- Must be punctual, professional, self-motivated and employ effective time management skills.
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with clients, co-workers and supervisors.
- Able to continuously lift, carry and handle 50lbs. at a time using safe lifting techniques.
- Basic computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with handheld mobile computer required.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and cooperative attitude at all times, and interact politely and safely with staff at retail accounts and with store customers.
Required Education & Experience:
- MUST HAVE a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- No prior felony convictions
- Two or more years of relevant work experience in a related role
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree preferred
- Some degree of proficiency in one or more foreign languages preferred
Hourly + Bonus
Applicable after the 90-day probationary period has been completed.
We look forward to hearing from you. To apply for this position please include a resume and cover letter in the contact form below.
Equal Opportunity Employer